This is one of the most important surahs in the Quran. It is the 91 Surah in Quran. Surah Shams is in Parah Number 30 in the Quran, the last para and part of the Quran, and Makki surah. In this, Allah takes many swords, like the sword of the sun, sunlight, the moon, and the sword of day and night.
Parah : 30
Verses : 15
Letters : 249
Words : 54
Surah Shams PDF Download:
Here You can download the complete PDF with clear Arabic text. Always make a habit to recite this beautiful Surah in your daily life.
Surah Shams Read Online:
You can read complete this Surah online here:
بِسۡمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
وَٱلشَّمۡسِ وَضُحَىٰهَا وَٱلۡقَمَرِ إِذَا تَلَىٰهَا وَٱلنَّهَارِ إِذَا جَلَّىٰهَا وَٱلَّيۡلِ إِذَا يَغۡشَىٰهَا وَٱلسَّمَآءِ وَمَا بَنَىٰهَا وَٱلۡأَرۡضِ وَمَا طَحَىٰهَا وَنَفۡسٖ وَمَا سَوَّىٰهَا فَأَلۡهَمَهَا فُجُورَهَا وَتَقۡوَىٰهَا قَدۡ أَفۡلَحَ مَن زَكَّىٰهَا وَقَدۡ خَابَ مَن دَسَّىٰهَا كَذَّبَتۡ ثَمُودُ بِطَغۡوَىٰهَآ إِذِ ٱنۢبَعَثَ أَشۡقَىٰهَا فَقَالَ لَهُمۡ رَسُولُ ٱللَّهِ نَاقَةَ ٱللَّهِ وَسُقۡيَٰهَا فَكَذَّبُوهُ فَعَقَرُوهَا فَدَمۡدَمَ عَلَيۡهِمۡ رَبُّهُم بِذَنۢبِهِمۡ فَسَوَّىٰهَا وَلَا يَخَافُ عُقۡبَٰهَا
- Wash shamsi wa duhaa haa
- Wal qamari izaa talaa haa
- Wannahaari izaa jallaa haa
- Wallaili izaa yaghshaa haa
- Wassamaaa’i wa maa banaahaa
- Wal ardi wa maa tahaahaa
- Wa nafsinw wa maa sawwaahaa
- Fa-alhamahaa fujoorahaa wa taqwaahaa
- Qad aflaha man zakkaahaa
- Wa qad khaaba man dassaahaa
- Kazzabat Samoodu bi taghwaahaaa
- Izim ba’asa ashqaahaa
- Faqaala lahum Rasoolul laahi naaqatal laahi wa suqiyaahaa
- Fakazzaboohu fa’aqaroohaa fadamdama ‘alaihim Rabbuhum bizambihim fasaw waahaa
- Wa laa yakhaafu’uqbaahaa
Surah Shams English Translation:
- I swear by the sun and his broad light
- And by the moon, when it follows it,
- And by the day when it shows its brightness,
- And by night, when it envelops it,
- And by the sky, and the one who built it,
- And by the earth, and the one who spread it,
- And by the soul, and the one who made it well,
- Then inspired it with its(instincts of)evil and righteousness,
- Success is attained by him who purifies it,
- And failure is suffered by him who pollutes it,
- ( The people of ) Thamud denied the truth because of their transgression,
- When rose the one who was most wretched of them,
- So, the messenger of Allah said to them, “Be careful of ALLAH’s –camel and her right to drink.
- But they denied it and slaughtered her. So their Lord crushed them for their crime, leveling all to the ground,
- And He has no fear of consequences.
Saying about urah-Ash Shams:
Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) says about Surah Ash-Shams;
“He who recites it like he who has given charity (in the way of ALLAH) to all things that the sun and the moon shine upon.”
Imam Jafar Al Sadiq (A.S) says;
“The body limbs and the adjacent objects near he who recites Surah Shams will testify in favor of him on judgment day, and ALLAH, the Almighty, shall say to them, I will accept your testimony about my servant and shall reward him. Accompany him to heaven, and he shall select that which pleases him”.
Also Read: Surah Muzammil
Surah Shams Benefits:
This Surah has many benefits. Some benefits are described here;
- It is beneficial for infertility
- It is beneficial for physical and spiritual protection.
- It is beneficial for a positive attitude.
- It is beneficial for mental health.
- It is beneficial for prosperity.
- It is beneficial for pregnant women.
- It is beneficial for fever.
- It is beneficial in poverty.
- It is beneficial in Grave.
- It is beneficial on the day of judgment.
- It is beneficial in trouble.
- It is beneficial for those who have no fear of their actions’ consequences.
- It is beneficial for those who have no fear of retribution.
Related Questions About Surah Al Shams:
Some frequently ask question are here about Surah e Shams;
What is the best time to recite this Surah Ash-Shams?
The best time to recite this surah is the prayer of “ ISHRAAQ.” We can recite this Surah Ash-Shams any time of the day, but we can also recite this Surah Ash-Shams in the prayer of Ishraaq to escape from poverty and diseases.
Who can recite this Surah?
Every Muslim can recite this Surah. Especially a person who uses abused language can recite this Surah Ash-Shams 41 times in the Ishraaq prayer to become a nobleman.
Pregnant women whose children always die during pregnancy can recite this Surah 41 times after the Ishraaq prayer. Insha’Allah, her children will remain safe and sound.
What does this Surah Ash-Shams Talks about?
This Surah is the story of the tribe of Thamud, their negative attitude, the warnings of the Messenger of ALLAH, the killing of she-camel, the collapse of Thamud, and their destruction.