The most extended verse of the Quran is Ayatul Kursi (Allah’s Throne). It is the 255th verse of Surah e Baqarah and the most powerful verse of the Holy Quran. Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H) said there is a pinnacle for all things, and the pinnacle of the Quran is Surat Al-Baqarah.
The fourth Caliph of Islam, Hazrat Ali (R.A), said, “The verses leader of Quran Kareem is Ayatul Kursi.” The total words of ayat ul kursi are 50, and Allah mentioned His name 17 times in it.
Ayatul Kursi in English Transliteration:
Allahu la illaha illa hu Wal Hayyul Qayyum
La te huzuhu sinetun wala nawmun
Lahu ma fis-samawati wa ma fil ard
man zallaze yashfa’u indaho illa be iznih
yalamu ma baina aideehim wa maa khalfahum
wa la yuhetona beshai ‘immin ‘ilmihee illa be ma shaa
wasi’a kursiyyuhus sama wati wal arz
wala ya’oduho hifzuhuma
wa huwal aliyyul ‘azeem
Ayat ul Kursi English Translation:
Allah – there is no God except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of all existence. No slumber can grab Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can mediate with Him except by His permission? He knows what is presently before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Highest, the Greatest.
Importance of Ayatul Kursi:
It is one of the four parts of the Quran attached to Arsh.
The Ayatul Kursi means verse of the seat, i.e., Seat of Power. So, every king rules from his seat of power, and that’s his power base. So does Allah; therefore, He uses the term ‘Kursi,’ which means Chair or Seat, as it represents His power base from where He rules the entire creation.
This verse mentions how and in what ways the eternal power of God is spread throughout the heavens and the earth and how the whole Universe is taken care of through that.
Each part of this verse expresses His greatness, glory, and power.
Ayat ul Kursi Benefits:
- Whoever recites Ayat al-Kursi after every Salat, the only barrier between him and paradise is death.
- If a person recites it once when going out of the home, Almighty Allah sends a group of Angels and protects them. If he repeat twice, two groups of Angels are assigned to do this. If he recite thrice, Allah tells the Angels not to worry as the Almighty takes care of the person.
- If we recite ayatul Kursi after every prayer, our Dua will be accepted, and we will remain in the safety of Allah Al-Mighty.
- The Last Messenger of Allah Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) said: “These things increase ones memory: sweets, the meat of an animal which is slaughtered in Islamic manner near the neck, Lentils, cold bread and recitation of Ayatul Kursi.”
- Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “If one recites Ayatul Kursi before going to sleep, Allah will send an Angel to come and look after you and protect.”
- If you recite before entering the house, then Shaitaan tan will not enter the house.
Also Read: Ayat e Karima
Ayatul Kursi in Hindi Translation:
What Holy Prophet (PBUH) Said About Ayatul Kursi in Hadith:
Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “Whoever recites the first 4 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah, then Ayatul Kursi and then the last 3 ayahs of Surah-e-Baqarah will not be inflicted with any kind of difficulty in his wealth or himself, Shaitaan will not come near him and he will not forget the Quran.”
Once Prophet Muhammad (SAW) asked Ubayy ibn Ka’b (RA): “Do you know which is the greatest verse in the Quran?” He replied, ‘Allah and His Messanger (SAW) know best.’ After that, Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) ) repeated the question, so Ubayy ibn Ka’b (RA) replied, ‘Allahu La Illaha Illa Hu Wal Hayyul Qayyum.’ Prophet Muhammad (SAW) tapped his chest (affectionately) and said, “May you be congratulated on your knowledge.” (Sahih Muslim).
Related Questions About Ayat ul Kursi:
Is ayat ul kursi best for overcoming fear?
It is perfect for removing the fear of someone. Because this verse is the most powerful verse of the Quran and protects you from all evil.
What lessons can we get from ayat ul kursi?
It protects us from mishaps. The translation of ayatul qursi tells us the power of Allah almighty. There is no deity except Allah. Therefore all the things in heaven and on earth belong to ALLAH.